Click here to view our May Parenting Tip, "National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day," or see below.
National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day is Friday, May 10, 2019! This is a special day to recognize and show appreciation to child care providers, teachers and other educators of young children. This recognition began in 1996 by a group of volunteers in New Jersey and is celebrated the Friday before Mother’s Day.
Use this day to recognize and show appreciation to your child care provider, teacher or others who provide care to your child. Here are some ideas on how to show your appreciation:
- Have your child make a card or picture.
- Give a card or a handwritten note.
- Purchase a gift or gift card based on your provider’s hobby or interest.
- Donate a toy or book to be used by the children in care.
- Give your child care provider a bonus with their payment.
- Fill a basket or mug with candy.
- Give flowers in a vase decorated by your child.
- Share a quote or poem about teachers.
Ode to a Child Care Provider
Author Unknown (Poem located at www.daycareanswers.com)
Little children come to me for hugs and books and such.
I care for all their simple needs and I also fix them lunch.
I pick up toys, I mop their spills and often dry their tears.
I change their diapers, settle fights and kiss away their tears.
I tie their shoes, I button coats and push them on the swing.
I really love these kids, you see, but there is just one thing.
Call me Mom or Aunt or Anne, and those names just might fit.
But please don't call me sitter, because I never get to sit!
For additional ideas, click here to visit our Pinterest page.
If you would like to recognize your child care provider for their outstanding care, nominate him or her for Provider of the Month at Child Care Aware® of America by clicking here.
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips and much more!
- Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.
- April 2019 - Children & Chores
- March 2019 - Monitoring Your Child's Development
- February 2019 - Keeping Baby Teeth Healthy
- January 2019 - Responding to Challenging Behaviors
- December 2018 - Minimixing Holiday Stress
- November 2018 - The Importance of Reading to Young Children
- October 2018 - Fun with Fall
- September 2018 - Car Passenger Safety
- August 2018 - Creating Routines