Parenting Tip of the Month
Click here to view our April Parent Tip, "The Period of PURPLE Crying," or see below.
- Offering a pacifier
- Holding and rocking
- Providing skin to skin contact
- Warm bath
- Going outdoors for a walk or stroller ride
- Turning on a fan or vacuum to create white noise
- Car ride
For more information, click here for an informative video and other resources on the Period of PURPLE Crying: http://www.purplecrying.info/what-is-the-period-of-purple-crying.php.
When you need parenting support and information on community resources, call 1-800-CHILDREN for free and confidential support 24/7 or visit their website at: https://1800ChildrenKS.org/.
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips, and much more!
- Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.
- March 2021 - Spring into Family Fun!
- February 2021 - National Children's Dental Health Month
- January 2021 - Inspiring Imagination with Recycled Materials
- December 2020 - Create Joy This Holiday Season!
- November 2020 - Reading Out Loud to Your Little One!
- October 2020 - Fun with Fall
- September 2020 - Safe Slumber for Your Baby
- August 2020 - Strategies to Minimize Stress for Your Family
- July 2020 - The Benefits of Cooking with Your Child
- June 2020 - Family Safety Tips for Outdoor Fun
- May 2020 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2020 - The Early Learning Years
- January 2020 - Making the Most of Praise
- December 2019 - Choosing Toys that Help Promote Development
- November 2019 - Reading with Your Little Ones
- October 2019 - Fall in Love with Apples
- September 2019 - Baby Safety Month
- August 2019 - Back to Bedtimes in Preparation for Back to School
- July 2019 - Safety While Out & About
- June 2019 - June is National Potty Training Awareness Month
- May 2019 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2019 - Children & Chores
- March 2019 - Monitoring Your Child's Development
- February 2019 - Keeping Baby Teeth Healthy
- January 2019 - Responding to Challenging Behaviors
- December 2018 - Minimizing Holiday Stress
- November 2018 - The Importance of Reading to Young Children