Parenting Tip of the Month
Click here to view our June Parent Tip of the Month, "Encouraging Your Child to Eat Healthy Foods," or see below.
- While grocery shopping, have your child pick a fruit or vegetable to try at home.
- Involve your child in preparing meals. This will help them learn about cooking and become familiar with new foods. Click here for some simple recipes to cook with your child: www.nutrition.gov
- Prepare vegetables and foods in different ways. Some children may be extra sensitive to certain textures, tastes, or smells. Consider offering vegetables like broccoli raw and steamed to see if the texture will make a difference.
- Have fresh fruit and raw vegetable sticks like peppers ready in advance for a quick and easy snack.
- Add fresh or dried fruits like bananas and raisins to cereals, oatmeal, or pancakes.
- Keep frozen vegetable bags in the freezer and add to stews, casseroles, and other dishes.
- For a frozen treat, freeze fruits like grapes and berries.
- Consider reading books that encourage healthy eating. Here is a list of books to choose from: https://lollipopbookclub.com/lb-blog/childrens-books-about-healthy-eating/
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips, and much more!
- Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.
- May 2021 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2021 - The Period of PURPLE Crying
- March 2021 - Spring into Family Fun!
- February 2021 - National Children's Dental Health Month
- January 2021 - Inspiring Imagination with Recycled Materials