Parenting Tip of the Month
Click here to view our August Parenting Tip of the Month, "Creating Routines for a Smooth Back to School Start," or see below.
Do you begin your morning generally the same way each day, or wind down before bed in a specific order? By having the same morning or evening routine, you are more likely to remember what you need to do, save time and minimize stress. August marks the beginning of a new school year for many families. It also means a change in routines and schedules for everyone. Developing a routine is one way parents can help their child transition to a new schedule.
Routines are beneficial for children of all ages, including infants. Routines that occur about the same way every day build a sense of trust and security in children because they are predictable. Children who become familiar with routines have a greater understanding of what is expected and are more likely to follow through. Routines can also promote health and safety behaviors, such as washing hands before eating, or holding your hand when exiting the car. In addition, consistent routines help children grow in their independence. As children become more self-sufficient and are able to do more for themselves, parents have more time for other tasks.
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips, and much more!
- Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.
- July 2021 - How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
- June 2021 - Encouraging Your Child to Eat Healthy Foods
- May 2021 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2021 - The Period of PURPLE Crying
- March 2021 - Spring into Family Fun!
- February 2021 - National Children's Dental Health Month
- January 2021 - Inspiring Imagination with Recycled Materials