Parenting Tip of the Month
National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day is Friday, May 12! This day is designated to show appreciation to child care providers, teachers, and other educators of young children for the care they provide to children of working families. This recognition began in 1996 and is celebrated every Friday before Mother's Day.
To show your appreciation, consider the following ideas:
- Have your child make a card or picture
- Send a card or handwritten note
- Purchase a gift or gift card based on your provider's hobby or interest
- Donate a toy or book to your program to be used by the children in care
- Give your child care provider a bonus with their payment
- Fill a basket or mug with candy
- Give flowers in a vase decorated by your child
- Share a quote or poem about teachers
- Place a video call with your child saying "Thank you!"
To provide care, to young or old,
You must be born with a heart of gold.
You take on responsibilities families pay you to do,
You are challenged every moment, but
they become part of your family too.
You teach them, you feed them, you hold them near.
You teach them manners and wipe their tears.
You had no idea your heart would melt
and you would love them this much.
As they fall asleep, by your loving touch.
Reading to them is my favorite part,
It makes me feel like I'm affecting their mind as much as their heart.
I complain sometimes, about how exhausting it can be,
But I couldn't imagine, without them, how boring my life would be.
~ Kelly Rae Patton ~
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips, and much more!
Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.