Parenting Tip of the Month
Click here to view our October Parenting Tip, "Fun with Fall," or see below.
Take a Nature Walk
Grab a basket or bag and have your child pick up items along the way such as leaves of different sizes and colors, acorns, and twigs.
Create a Collage
|Experiment with Fall Colors
Offer your child red, yellow, and orange paints and allow them to paint with their fingers, a paintbrush, or items found on your nature walk. This is a fun way to experiment with mixing colors and to develop your child’s fine motor skills. Additionally, ask your child to tell you about their creation to support their language and thinking skills.
Try New Flavors
Fall is a great time to involve your child in cooking and trying new foods.
|Arts and Crafts
Children love to create and fall offers many fun and educational activities to choose from.
|Visit Your Library
Take a trip to your local library and have your child explore the many seasonal books available. Reading is a wonderful way to spend time together while introducing your child to new ideas and words.
If your family enjoys celebrating Halloween, you can find 14 ideas on how to celebrate safely during the pandemic by clicking here.
|By spending time with your child and exploring all that the fall season has to offer, you are creating a positive relationship with your child while contributing to their sense of importance. Have a FALLTASTIC time!|
Be sure to sign up to receive our “Parenting Tip of the Month” email. Topics include child development, tips, and much more!
- Click here and submit the completed online form to start receiving your tips.
- September 2020 - Safe Slumber for Your Baby
- August 2020 - Strategies to Minimize Stress for Your Family
- July 2020 - The Benefits of Cooking with Your Child
- June 2020 - Family Safety Tips for Outdoor Fun
- May 2020 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2020 - The Early Learning Years
- January 2020 - Making the Most of Praise
- December 2019 - Choosing Toys that Help Promote Development
- November 2019 - Reading with Your Little Ones
- October 2019 - Fall in Love with Apples
- September 2019 - Baby Safety Month
- August 2019 - Back to Bedtimes in Preparation for Back to School
- July 2019 - Safety While Out & About
- June 2019 - June is National Potty Training Awareness Month
- May 2019 - National Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
- April 2019 - Children & Chores
- March 2019 - Monitoring Your Child's Development
- February 2019 - Keeping Baby Teeth Healthy
- January 2019 - Responding to Challenging Behaviors
- December 2018 - Minimizing Holiday Stress
- November 2018 - The Importance of Reading to Young Children