Thank you for your inquiry about employment opportunities at Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas.
Posting date: November 22, 2021
About the positions…
We are seeking a part-time temporary staff person (25 hours per week) for our Successful Connections team!
The Successful Connections Parent Resource Specialist supports best practices in parent outreach, engagement, and support by sharing information with parents about community resources and support services. This is a part-time temporary position from mid-December 2021 until mid-April 2022, providing support to this team during a period of family leave for one of our team. Hours for this temporary position are 10 am until 3 pm, Monday through Friday. Continued employment after April (either part-time or full-time) is a possibility for the right candidate. The Successful Connections Parent Resource Specialist works under the daily supervision of the Family Services Manager and is accountable to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position:
- Visiting with pregnant moms and those that have recently given birth, by phone or in person, learning about their needs and connecting them with community resources including home visitation. (In-person contacts are frequently made at area hospitals, arranged through the nursing staff.)
- Maintain accurate records of contacts, following all project-specific procedures and guidelines.
- Work effectively with all members of the project team and the overall agency, maintaining a commitment to high-quality customer service.
- Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, early childhood education, child development, health care, or a related field. A combination of formal education and job-related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree as determined by ERC Resource & Referral, Inc.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the diverse needs of families, including those facing challenges or who meet any variety of risk factors.
• Possess broad knowledge of current home visitation and social service agencies in the community.
• Have a passion for supporting families facing challenges in their lives and connecting them with programs and services to meet their needs.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Bilingual skills are a “plus.”
• Have demonstrated computer skill proficiency.
• Have effective time management skills and the ability to effectively balance multiple projects.
• Have the ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Have a positive attitude, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Work well with the public and with a diverse client population, by phone and in person.
• Have a positive work history, including a good attendance record.
WEIGHT LIFTING (OR OTHER PHYSICAL) REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Ability to hear and verbally respond to a question from a distance of 5 feet.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and lift approximately 20 pounds.
LICENSING OR OTHER SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must pass a KBI background check and a DCF registry check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets insurability standards of ERC’s liability insurance carrier.
Salary & benefits:
The hourly salary for this temporary position is $17-$22 per hour, based on education and experience. Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits. However, should the candidate be offered and accept continued regular employment following this temporary employment period, ERC offers a generous benefit package which includes paid time off, paid holidays, cafeteria benefit plan, retirement plan with employer match, life insurance, and group health insurance.
About the agency…
ERC Resource & Referral is a not-for-profit agency serving 33 counties in eastern Kansas. We provide meaningful, effective, high-quality programs and services to those who interface with our agency. We work with child care providers and teachers by offering professional development, coaching, and access to resources that help them improve the quality of care offered. We also serve as the Kansas Parent Resource Center, helping families locate and choose child care that meets their family’s needs. We value teamwork, equity, and diversity and strive to hire highly qualified people who share our passion for the agency’s mission!
ERC Resource & Referral, doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas, supports the healthy development of young children by improving access to high-quality child care options and educational resources for families and early childhood professionals.