Part-Time Successful Connections Parent Resource Specialist: Topeka Office
Position posting: June 4, 2018
About the position…
The Successful Connections Parent Resource Specialist supports best practices in parent outreach, engagement and support by providing advanced knowledge to parents and caregivers in areas of child development issues and parenting support services which promote optimal early experiences for young children. This is a half-time, professional position under the daily supervision of a Provider Services Manager and accountable to the Executive Director. This open position is a result of program expansion, and future expansion to a full-time position is possible. The position requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, child development, early childhood education or a closely related field, combined with demonstrated knowledge of the diverse needs of families, including those facing challenges or who meet any variety of risk factors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position:
- Provide technical assistance and coaching to parents and caregivers around child development issues and parenting support services, which promote optimal learning experiences for young children ages birth to age 3.
- Engage parents and caregivers in accessing home visitation and other support services that strengthen families.
- Serve as a primary point of contact in the community for home visitation and community resource information for families.
- Offer professional development opportunities for home visitors, families or child care providers on topics that support family engagement, supportive parenting and strengthening families.
- Follow all project-specific procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records and generate reports of all activities.
- Assist with program evaluation.
- Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Work effectively with all members of the project team, provider services team and the overall agency, maintaining a commitment to high-quality customer service.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have demonstrated computer skills.
- Have effective time management skills and the ability to effectively balance multiple projects.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to work as a member of our team.
- Enjoy working with people, by phone and in person.
- Have a positive work history, including a good attendance record.
- Have experience working with diverse populations.
Salary & benefits:
The typical full-time starting salary range for this position is $30,000-$34,000 per year based on education and experience, with salary pro-rated for the part-time position. This position is funded by a grant through the Kansas Children’s Cabinet & Trust Fund. ERC Resource & Referral, Inc., dba Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas offers a generous benefit package for part-time employees including paid time off, paid holidays and flexible scheduling.
About the agency…
ERC Resource & Referral, Inc., doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas is a not-for-profit agency serving 33 counties in eastern Kansas. We provide meaningful, effective, high-quality programs and services to those who interface with our agency. We help connect families with community resources including home visitation to help strengthen their family and support their role as parents. We serve as the Kansas Parent Resource Center, helping families that need it locate and choose child care that meets their family’s needs. We also work with child care providers and teachers by offering professional development, coaching and access to resources that help them improve the quality of care offered. We value teamwork and strive to hire highly qualified people who share our passion for the agency’s mission.
ERC Resource & Referral, doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas, supports the development and early education of children by improving access to resources for families, including high-quality child care options.
For job listings in the child care field, click here.