REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Strategic Planning Consultant
Background and Introduction: ERC Resource & Referral, Inc., dba Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas was founded in Topeka, Kansas in December 1978 as Everywoman’s Resource Center. The agency is a 501 (c) 3, non-profit entity. The organization transitioned over time from providing information and referral services to women to an organization specializing in services for families with young children. The agency’s mission is to support the development and early education of children by improving access to resources for families, including high-quality child care options. Programs include child care referrals and consumer education for families to help them access community resources and child care to meet their unique needs; professional development, coaching and resources for child care providers and programs to help them improve the quality of their child care practices; and services to community partners and businesses that strengthen communities, including strategies for helping employees with work/family issues, and supply and demand data impacting a business’ ability to attract and retain individuals with young families as a part of their workforce. Website address: https://east.ks.childcareaware.org.
Scope of Service: The agency’s current strategic plan goes through December 2019. The agency’s board of directors is seeking an external consultant to help guide the strategic planning process as a new plan for the next three years is created, challenging the organization to consider new and creative ways to fulfill its mission in the coming years.
|June 10, 2019||RFP released|
|July 10, 2019||Deadline for submissions|
|July 17, 2019||Contractor selected|
|November 1, 2019||Draft of strategic plan submitted for review and feedback|
|December 11, 2019||Final strategic plan adopted by board of directors|
Evaluation Criteria: All proposals received will be reviewed by the selection team comprised of two staff and three board members. Evaluation of the proposal will include:
- Demonstrated understanding of the agency’s mission and purpose.
- Demonstrated success leading other organizations through a similar planning process.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate conversations inspiring creative “out-of-the-box” solutions to emerging issues and challenges the thinking of the group.
- Clear articulation of the process recommended for achieving the goal.
- Reasonableness and adherence to budget.
Budget: A capacity building grant from the Kansas Health Foundation provides $3,000 to support this work. The board will review and consider proposals submitted that accomplish the goal of the project with a total budget that does not exceed $5,000.
To apply: Submit a written proposal that includes the following:
- Description of the individual or firm responding to the RFP that includes a general overview, along with the names and credentials of the consultant or team.
- A description of the consultant’s experience with strategic planning and group facilitation, including why this project is of interest and a good fit.
- Three professional references that can attest to the consultant/firm’s facilitation skills and experience with strategic planning processes.
Questions may be directed to Reva Wywadis, executive director, (785)440-4507 or via the email address shown above.
For job listings in the child care field, click here.