Successful Connections Parent Resource Specialist
Position posting updated: October 16, 2018
About the position…
Successful Connections is a program that links pregnant women and those who have just given birth to community resources to meet the needs of the baby and family. Some of the families served will be identified as having risk factors and will need ongoing support, and those families will be referred to home visitation services offered through another community agency. The ideal candidate for this position will be an effective communicator with broad knowledge of parenting, child development and community resources in Shawnee County, and have a strong desire to help others. This is full-time, professional position with benefits and it is open due to program expansion. Hours are typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional evening or weekend hours. The position requires an associate’s degree (bachelor’s preferred) in child development, early childhood education, psychology, social work or a closely related field, combined with demonstrated knowledge of the diverse needs of families and a solid work history.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position:
- Provide technical assistance and coaching to parents and caregivers around child development issues and parenting support services which promote optimal learning experiences for young children ages birth to age 3.
- Engage parents and caregivers in accessing home visitation and other support services that strengthen families.
- Serve as a primary point of contact in the community for home visitation and community resource information for families.
- Follow all project-specific procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records and generate reports of all activities.
- Assist with program evaluation.
- Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Work effectively with all members of the project team, provider services team and the overall agency, maintaining a commitment to high-quality customer service.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have demonstrated computer skills.
- Have effective time management skills and the ability to effectively balance multiple projects.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to work as a member of our team.
- Enjoy working with people, by phone and in person.
- Have a positive work history, including a good attendance record.
- Have experience working with diverse populations.
Salary & benefits:
The typical full-time starting salary range for this position is $32,000-$38,000 per year based on education and experience. This position is funded by a grant through the Kansas Children’s Cabinet & Trust Fund. The agency offers a generous benefit package for part-time employees including paid time off, paid holidays and flexible scheduling.
About the agency…
ERC Resource & Referral, Inc., dba Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas is a not-for-profit agency serving 33 counties in eastern Kansas. We provide meaningful, effective, high-quality programs and services to those who interface with our agency. We work with child care providers and teachers by offering professional development, coaching and access to resources that help them improve the quality of care offered. We also serve as the Kansas Parent Resource Center, helping families locate and choose child care that meets their family’s needs. We value teamwork and strive to hire highly qualified people who share our passion for the agency’s mission!
ERC Resource & Referral, doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas supports the development and early education of children by improving access to resources for families, including high-quality child care options.
For job listings in the child care field, click here.