FULL-TIME RESOURCE SPECIALIST
ERC/ RESOURCE & REFERRAL, d/b/a
Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas
Position posted August 12, 2021
About the position…
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position, reporting to the Family Services Manager. This position requires a high school diploma or GED, strong organizational and administrative skills, high proficiency with all Microsoft office programs, excellent written and verbal communication skills, stellar customer service skills, and a positive work history. This position is based at organization’s main office located at 1100 SW Wanamaker, Suite 201, Topeka, Kansas. Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch period.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position:
- Offer child care and community referrals to individuals and/or families following established guidelines and standards, by phone and email.
- Conduct provider vacancy checks and parent follow-up contacts by phone and email.
- Accurately record and report of all activities.
- Work effectively with all members of the referral services team and the overall agency.
- Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Work effectively with staff and volunteers, maintaining a commitment to high-quality customer service.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Have effective time management skills and the ability to effectively balance multiple projects.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to work as a member of our team.
- Enjoy working with people, by phone, and in person.
- Have a positive work history, including a good attendance record.
- Pass a KBI/DCF registry background check.
Salary & benefits:
The typical starting salary for this position is $14.50 per hour, based on skills and experience. ERC offers a generous benefits package for full-time employees including paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) plan, group health insurance, life insurance, and a retirement plan with employer match.
About the agency…
ERC Resource & Referral, now doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas is a not-for-profit agency with offices in Topeka and Lawrence. Formed in 1978, the agency has a rich history of serving individuals, children, and families in Shawnee County and surrounding communities. We strive to provide effective, high-quality services to those who interface with our agency. We value teamwork, and hire highly qualified people who share our passion for the agency’s mission!
ERC Resource & Referral, Inc., doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas supports the healthy development of young children by improving access to high-quality child care options and educational resources for families.
Download a printable PDF version of this job description by clicking here.
For job listings in the child care field, click here.