Position posted January 5, 2023
About the position…
Due to a pending retirement, ERC Resource & Referral, Inc, dba Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas is seeking an executive director. The executive director serves as the general manager of the agency, leading and overseeing all operations. The executive director is the chief leader of the staff and is accountable to the board of directors, managing the programs and operations of the organization, leading and managing staff resources, and coordinating professional relations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position:
- Organizational Leadership and Agency Governance
Work with the agency’s board of directors and staff to achieve the shared vision for the organization, build understanding of the mission, and develop goals and strategies to carry out and advance the mission.
- Financial Management
Prepare the annual budget within available resources, ensuring financial reporting and risk management policies are in place and followed in accordance with policies and generally accepted accounting principles, and management of operating expenses within approved budgets.
- Resource Development
Oversight of all fundraising efforts, grants, and funding applications, and ongoing donor cultivation.
- Human Resource Management
Recruit, develop, and retain qualified staff and volunteers. Oversee staff training and ongoing professional development.
- Program Planning and Service Delivery
Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that align with the agency’s mission.
- Community Relations and Marketing
Maintain positive, professional reputation in the community, facilitate regular communication with stakeholders regarding agency programs and services, and actively advocate for issues promoting high-quality child care aligning with the agency’s public policy statement.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Possess a broad and deep knowledge of the child care workforce and understanding of the child care industry including the different types of child care programs (i.e. child care centers, family child care, school-age programs, part-day preschools, Head Start, etc.).
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to speak effectively to groups, facilitate large and smaller group meetings, and respond to media interviews.
- Have proven leadership and management skills, including effective time management and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Have demonstrated administrative and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Have stellar organizational skills, including the ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Have a positive attitude, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Work well with the public and with a diverse client population, maintaining a commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, early childhood education, education, or a related field. (Master’s preferred).
- Experience in supervision and management of staff, fiscal management, and fundraising/resource development.
Salary & benefits:
Salary will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. ERC offers a generous benefit package which includes paid time off, paid holidays, cafeteria benefit plan, retirement plan with employer match, life insurance and group health insurance.
Executive Search Team
ERC Resource & Referral, Inc.
c/o Paul Bossert
Premier Employment Solutions
5840 SW Huntoon Street
Topeka, KS 66614
About the agency…
ERC Resource & Referral is a not-for-profit agency serving 33 counties in eastern Kansas. We provide meaningful, effective, high-quality programs and services to those who interface with our agency. We work with child care providers and teachers by offering professional development, coaching, and access to resources that help them improve the quality of care offered. We also serve as the Kansas Parent Resource Center, helping families locate and choose child care that meets their family’s needs. We value teamwork, equity and diversity and strive to hire highly qualified people who share our passion for the agency’s mission:
ERC Resource & Referral, doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas, supports the healthy development of young children by improving access to high-quality child care options and educational resources for families and early childhood professionals.