All children in Kansas have the best start in life during critical stages of development so they have a solid foundation for growing into healthy, productive citizens.
Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas supports the healthy development of young children by improving access to high-quality child care options and educational resources for families and early childhood professionals.
Our agency has a rich history based on these core values:
- Dignity and respect. At all times and in every circumstance, we will treat our consumers, staff, and volunteers with dignity and respect.
- Meaningful programs and services. We connect people with programs and services that meet their unique needs. We are responsive to the needs of our consumers and emerging community issues, adapting programs, and services accordingly.
- Early learning. We believe that high-quality, age-appropriate early learning experiences make a difference for young children and can happen in a variety of settings and through a variety of methods. We support child care professionals by offering professional development opportunities, access to accurate information, and resources that support their important role.
- Families. All families need and deserve support, information about how children grow and learn, and access to high-quality early learning options. Programs and services are based on family choice. Our agency strives to offer “family-friendly” policies and practices that support the families of our staff.
- High standards for service. Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas' programs and services will be offered in a professional, effective, and efficient manner that maximizes the agency’s available resources. Data and program outcomes guide service delivery standards. To achieve success, our agency will hire and retain a qualified team of professionals committed to our vision, mission, and values.
- Teamwork and collaboration. By working together, we create stronger, healthier communities, and more effective services.
- Workplace Wellness. We support policies and practices that promote the overall health and wellness of our employees.
- Governance and fiscal responsibility. Operational policies, business practices, and agency resources support the mission and values of the organization. The agency maintains autonomy while meeting expectations of funders and quality standards.