Our Modern Manor Showhouse Tours ran from Friday, September 24 to Sunday, September 26.
ERC Resource & Referral, Inc. doing business as Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas, wishes to thank those individuals, organizations and companies whose contributions helped ensure a successful Showhouse.
Program Book Sponsor
Corporate Elite Sponsors
- Brookwood Shopping Center, the Robb Company
- Capital Federal Foundation
- Central National Bank
- Topeka Periodontics
Corporate Platinum Sponsors
- BOK Financial
- DeBacker's Inc.
- Capital City Oil
- CoreFirst Bank & Trust
- Cox Communications
- Envista Credit Union
- FHLBank, Topeka
- Jeffus-Botts-Botts Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Kansas Gas Service
- Key Staffing/Premier Employment Solutions
- Security Benefit
- S S & C Solutions
Corporate Gold Sponsors
Corporate Silver Sponsors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
- Electronic Life
- Landmark National Bank
- Scott & Gina Nellis
- ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Services by NEK
- Sloan, Eisenbarth, Glassman, McEntire & Jarboe LLC
Corporate Bronze Sponsors
- City of Topeka
- Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas board, staff, and volunteers
- Custenborder Florist
- Fellowship Bible Church
- KSNT & Fox 43
- LBM Solutions
- Lowman United Methodist Church
- Top City Creative, Jon DeMeo
- Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka Room
- Topeka Lifestyle Magazine
- Westboro neighborhood
- WIBW Channel 13
Thanks to these sponsors and supporters who made our VIP Patron Event one to remember!
- ACA Event Rental
- AmeriPride Linen & Apparel Services
- Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant
- Ed Bozarth Chevrolet #1 Buick GMC
- Noel & Mary Etzel
- Class Soul, Blues & Jazz Artist, Margo Martinez
- Porterfield's Flowers & Gifts
- The White Linen
- Devlin's Liquor Store
Join us for an evening of festive celebration as we unveil the Our Modern Manor Showhouse!
Date: Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
Time: 5:00-10:00 PM (Come and go at your leisure)
Location: Our Modern Manor, 1501 SW Westover Road, Topeka, Kansas 66604
Tickets: $100 per person
- Gain exclusive access to the speakeasy basement (only available to VIP guests)
- Open bar
- Heavy hors d'oeuvres
- Live jazz music from 6:00-8:00 pm, featuring musician, Margo Martinez as Ella Fitzgerald
- Prize drawings for those dressed in Prohibition-era attire
- Catering provided by The White Linen
Ticket information: Printable PDF tickets will be sent to the email you provide during checkout. You can also access your ticket by downloading the Eventbrite app.
Homeowners, Matt and Sara Vincent are on a mission to honor this iconic Depression-era estate and bring it into the 21st Century, while still honoring its original charm. The Vincents embrace the history of this 1939 9,200-square-foot mansion while infusing it with their warm approach to a modern design. They have been documenting the journey on a blog, Our Modern Manor, and via Instagram (@ourmodernmanor).
Before the Vincents purchased the property, the "Castle House," as it is known in Topeka, had been owned by one family since it was built in 1939. The family patriarch sold it a son during the '90s. Following that owner's death, the family put the house on the market. The Vincents have done walk-throughs with the past owner's children, who shared stories of parties and gambling in the '40s when the house became a de facto speakeasy during prohibition (which didn't end in Kansas until 1948).
The Vincents, who have been married 21 years and have five daughters: Grace, Emma, Chandler, Ellie, and Amania, are serial renovators. The remodeling project is an indirect showcase for Matt's business, Topeka-based Golden Rule Remodeling. But the Vincents say their main focus is on creating a home for their family while preserving an architectural icon for the community.